Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Change of Pace

Spring 1999
Spring semester was filled with balancing my long-distance relationship and trips home with a boring biology class, an awesome writing course, a fun (yes, I did say 'fun') math course, and a very enlightening philosophy course. I also spent a lot of time trying to find an apartment to live in next year as I was done with the dorms. My roommate this semester was from abroad, and the only way she could communicate with her family and friends back home was to chat with them online - all night long. She'd leave this huge desk lamp turned on, eat bags of chips, and type away - all night long. Apartment-living sounded quite inviting, as long as I could manage to earn enough money to actually afford my rent. 


Spring 1999
The pregnancy was somewhat uneventful, but during a routine ultrasound at 8 months, something changed that would set the pace for so many unforeseen doctors’ visits, hospital visits, and a complete lifestyle change.  The baby was not developing properly, so labor had to be induced several weeks early. Twenty-five hours later, a baby girl was born. Her black hair was striking against her porcelain skin. She was small at just under six pounds, with thin arms and legs. But she was beautiful and ‘healthy’ and was able to go home just a few days later as any typical baby would be.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I like the double style format. At first I was a bit confused, but once I sorted it out, I like it a lot! I look forward to reading more. Maybe there should be a header at the top of the blog explaining the format? I think it helps that I actually know both of you, too! Great job!

Huppie Mama said...

Thanks!! I was trying to show the parallel lives - that will one day merge into one. However, it will take a whole lot of writing to get to this point...

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila